People in the local community in Kings Norton Tennis decided to create the club in 1924 in order to give people a chance to make new friends while sharing their
passion for ball games. 3 shale (clay) courts were laid down with a wooden single story club house in approx 1.2 acres of grounds. The club soon developed into a regular part of the lives of a
After the war, a 2nd wooden clubhouse was built alongside to provide bar and club room facilities.
Moving into new club premises in the Eighties
Thanks to rising membership numbers, we built our new 2 story clubhouse premises that still offer us better facilities for playing our games and to provide the local
community with a good sized clubroom with bar and kitchen, and balcony overlooking the courts. We also had the 3 courts resurfaced with the current all weather hard courts at the same time, thanks to
some generous members' donations. The courts have been relaid again ready for the 2017 season.
Kings Norton Tennis Club
Grange Hill Road
Kings Norton, Birmingham